The commuter benefit is administered by Your Spending Account (YSA). The commuter benefit allows you to set aside money from your pay on both a pre-tax and post-tax basis to pay for eligible costs associated with commuting to and from work. The great advantage is that you don’t pay taxes on your expenses, thus lowering your taxable income.
There are two types of benefits offered, Transportation (transit) and Parking. There are multiple products you can utilize under each benefit:
- Transportation: Voucher, standard passes, and pre-paid MasterCard
- The pre-paid MasterCard can be used to purchase bus, train, and subway tickets, as well as Uberpool and LyftLine rides
- Parking: Pay the provider, parking checks, cash reimbursement and pre-paid MasterCard
- For 2020, the monthly maximum for each account is $270/month.
Monthly Ordering Window:
- The ordering period is from the 11th to the 10th of the following month with select exceptions. All orders must be completed by the 10th of the month to be effective for the following benefit month. For example, all orders placed by June 10th will be effective for the July benefit month.
You can participate or change your purchase from month to month.
Log into dentsubenefitsplus.com or contact the BenefitsPlus Solutions Center at 855.326.7870 to enroll or make changes to your election.